Run, Laugh, Achieve: Jr. Bloomsday Puts the Fun in Fitness for 3rd-7th Graders, Creating Lasting Memories of Health, Teamwork, and Triumph!
The Jr. Bloomsday Race is an annual youth running event. Designed to promote health and community, this inclusive race caters to participants in 3rd-7th grade. Offering fan entertaining course and awesome prize pack; our goal with Jr. Bloomsday is to foster a love for fitness, teamwork, and perseverance among children and teenagers, creating a memorable and enriching experience and a sense of accomplishment for participants and their families.
Race Weekend Info
Prepare for a fantastic Jr. Bloomsday race experience on Sunday, April 14, with these essential details. Parents, don’t forget to pick up your child’s race materials on Saturday, April 13, from 9AM to 6PM at Spokane Falls Community College’s gymnasium.
- The packet includes your child’s race number (bib) and a security wristband. Write the bib number on the wristband and add the child’s name and accompanying adult’s phone number on the bib’s sticker. An adult must accompany the child to the start checkpoint, and without a bib, they cannot race.
- The race operates on a SHOW AND GO format between 9AM and 10:30AM, with kids being checked in and released into the course at the next available wave. All kids are timed, regardless of their wave.
- Enjoy free short-term parking at SFCC all day Saturday and Sunday. For spectators, the SFCC track grandstands are the best viewing spot. After the race, head to the Skyhawks Reunion Zone for your child’s finisher shirt, Gatorade, and prize pack lanyard.
- Head to the Skyhawks Reunion Zone to connect with your children. Access the reunion zone with your wristband and exit by matching the child’s bib number. Thank you for being part of Jr. Bloomsday, Spokane’s original kids run!
The Jr. Bloomsday Course will run through the Spokane Falls Community College campus. The course length is a little more than 1 mile with a finish on the track. The track grandstands will serve as the best location to cheer on your child!
Jr. Bloomsday proudly supports the Active4Youth program in Spokane County, a non-profit founded by Mike and Heidi Bresson in 2003. Active4Youth aims to promote youth exercise by reintroducing after-school running programs to Spokane elementary schools.
Today, over 6,000 kids engage in fall Active4Youth cross country programs. providing an accessible and enjoyable way for elementary age kids to stay active. Your child’s participation in Jr. Bloomsday can contribute to promoting Active4Youth—consider a donation during registration to sustain this impactful program.
A portion of Jr. Bloomsday proceeds also aids Active4Youth, and the Lilac Bloomsday Association annually donates $13,000 to support their commendable efforts. Join us in making a significant impact on Spokane’s youth through Jr. Bloomsday!
Click the links below to jump to each section:
- Date: Sunday, April 14th
- Distance: Approximately 1 Mile
- Location: Spokane Falls Community College
- Entry Fee: $20