RESTRICTIONS ON BACKPACKS AND RELATED ITEMS
Wednesday, May 01, 2013
Because of additional security restrictions at this year's Bloomsday Run, participants will not be allowed to wear backpacks. This includes "string-style" backpacks. Additional information:
- The restriction applies to hydration systems as well (e.g. Camelpack). There is plenty of water on the Bloomsday course.
- If necessary, participants may wear a small fanny pack to carry keys, cash, ID, etc. These will be subject to inspection.
- Those pushing strollers may bring a bag or pack to carry what they need (diapers, snacks, etc.) to take care of their children during Bloomsday.
- Corporate Cup participants should check with their team captain for special instructions relating to this division.
- Volunteers can bring what they need to their work stations, but volunteers must be wearing their volunteer race crew shirts and/or have appropriate credentials.
- Spectators are also asked not to bring backpacks or coolers to the course.
- No bags may be left unattended at any time.