The Lilac Bloomsday Association presents the 46th running of the Lilac Bloomsday Run.
Spokane, WA—This coming Saturday will be a big day for high school runners from the Spokane area, as the region’s top harriers head south for post-season meets in California and Oregon. Nearly 50 individuals will be competing in the Foot Locker West Regional Cross Country Championships at Mt. San Antonio College (Mt. SAC) in southern California, racing against their counterparts from eleven other Western States. On the same day a boys team from North Central High School—which has been ranked as the number-one team in the nation throughout the fall—will try to solidify that ranking at the Nike Cross Nationals, held at Portland Meadows Racetrack, in a race that features 22 of the nation’s best high school cross country teams.
The Spokane contingent at the West Regional meet—one of four Foot Locker competitions held across the country—is led by Baylee Mires of Mead and Adam Thorne of Ferris. The North Central team at Nike Cross Nationals is led by Andrew Kimpel, runnerup at the Washington State Meet this fall, and Jeff Howard, who won the Northwest Region qualifying race for Nike Cross Nationals.
For the sixeenth straight year, over 30 Spokane-area runners had their airline tickets to the Footlocker meet donated by the Lilac Bloomsday Association. The Bloomsday Association provides airline tickets and ground transportation to runners based on times at regional cross-country meets held in the fall.
“This should be an interesting weekend for Spokane’s top high school runners,” said Lilac Bloomsday Association President Jerry O’Neal. “We’re excited to see how the runners we sponsor to the Footlocker Meet do, and the North Central boys have the opportunity to do something no Spokane school has ever done, be crowned as the top cross country team in the nation.”
For runners competing in the Footlocker West Regional Meet, the top ten boys and girls will advance to the Foot Locker Cross Country Nationals in San Diego on December 13, joining top qualifiers from the Northeast, South and Midwest.
More information on the Foot Locker Regionals and Nationals may be obtained by logging on to www.footlockerwest.com. Information on Nike Team Nationals is available at http://www.runnerspace.com/nxn.
Runners sponsored to Footlocker Meet by the Lilac Bloomsday Association:
1. Baylee Mires - Mead
2. Andreea Nelson - Shadle Park
3. Stevie Gidehaus - University
4. Courtney Zalud - Mt. Spokane
5. Alicia Doohan - Gonzaga Prep
6. Eden Lake - Central Valley
7. Molly Cole - Mt. Spokane
8. Sarah Craig - Mt. Spokane
9. Alison Keenan - Lewis & Clark
10. Lauren Bergam - East Valley
11. Madi Barnes - Central Valley
12. Katie Morris - Shadle Park
13. Jamie Lambie - Central Valley
14. Hannah Allen - Lewis & Clark
15. Afton McKinlay - Mt. Spokane
16. Amanda Wilson - Riverside
1. Adam Thorne - Ferris
2. Allan Schroeder - Mt. Spokane
3. Jordan Baker - Mead
4. Jordan Curnutt - Mead
5. Tate Kelly - Gonzaga Prep
6. Nathan Weitz - Shadle Park
7. Kenji Bierig - Lewis & Clark
8. Chris Ennis - Lewis & Clark
9. Steven Kutsch - Mead
10. Sam Magnuson - Gonzaga Prep
11. Eric Foss - Mead
12. Perry Domini - Ferris
13. Alex Kimsey - Ferris
14. Justin Zimmerman - Ferris
15. Josh Alexander - Lakeside
16. Jeff Pope - Valley Christian
# # #