The Lilac Bloomsday Association presents the 44th running of the Lilac Bloomsday Run.
Spokane, WA—Approximately 60 of the top high school cross-country runners from the Spokane area will be heading to southern California this weekend for the Foot Locker West Regional Cross Country Championships, scheduled for Saturday, December 3, at Mt. San Antonio College (Mt. SAC). As in past years, this meet will be an opportunity for Spokane-area runners to race against their counterparts from eleven other Western States—Alaska, Arizona, California, Hawaii, Idaho, Montana, Nevada, New Mexico, Oregon, Utah and Wyoming.
The West Regional meet—one of four Foot Locker competitions held across the country—represents the finale of the cross-country season. Strong contingents from Spokane area high schools will participate, led by Sean Coyle of Central Valley and Megan O’Reilly of Mt. Spokane, the 2005 4A State Cross Country Champion.
For the thirteenth straight year, over 30 Spokane-area runners had their airline tickets to the meet donated by the Lilac Bloomsday Association. The Bloomsday Association provides airline tickets and ground transportation based on the fastest finish times at regional cross-country meets held at the end of October.
“Bloomsday is pleased to be able to help these outstanding young athletes compete in Southern California,” said Lilac Bloomsday Association President Al Odenthal. “Their hard work and success is an inspiration to runners of all ages.”
The top eight boys and girls in the West Regional Meet will advance to the Foot Locker Cross Country Nationals in San Diego on December 10, joining top qualifiers from the Northeast, South and Midwest. The meet is considered to be the national championship for high school cross-country runners.
More information on the Foot Locker Regionals and Nationals may be obtained from the Foot Locker Cross Country Championships headquarters in New York, 212-720-4316, or by logging on to www.footlockerwest.com.
Runners sponsored by the Lilac Bloomsday Association:
1. Megan O’Reilly, Mt. Spokane
2. Anna Layman, Central Valley
3. Becky Mackelprang, Ferris
4. Courtney Zalud, Mt. Spokane
5. Eleanor Siler, Lewis & Clark
6. Ryan Torpie, Mead
7. Jo E. Mayer, East Valley
8. Theresa Hailey, Gonzaga Prep
9. Mary Graesser, North Central
10. Larson Agee, West Valley
11. Rachel Ballard, North Central
12. Amy Pomante, Mt. Spokane
13. Karen Owens, University
14. Cami Nelson, Shadle Park
15. Brittney Williams, Colville
16. Jessica Klier, Mt. Spokane
17. Stephanie Dye, Riverside
1. Sean Coyle, Central Valley
2. Nick Atwood, East Valley
3. Ryan Zentz, Lewis & Clark
4. Mike Hartanov, Mt. Spokane
5. Jake Sanders, North Central
6. James Clark, North Central
7. Richard Keroack, West Valley
8. Ryan Cloke, Colville
9. Dan Rentz, Shadle Park
10. Garrett Hanson, West Valley
11. Bobby Batch, Lewis & Clark
12. Adam Tyler, North Central
13. Steve McConnell, Rogers
14. David Jacobs, Medical Lake
15. Thomas Gall, Shadle Park
16. Justin Farris, Mt. Spokane
# # #