The Lilac Bloomsday Association presents the 44th running of the Lilac Bloomsday Run.
Spokane, WA—Approximately 60 of the top high school cross-country runners from the Spokane area will be heading to southern California in a few days for the Foot Locker West Regional Cross Country Championships, scheduled for Saturday, December 4, at Mt. San Antonio College (Mt. SAC). As in past years, this meet will be an opportunity for Spokane-area runners to race against their counterparts from eleven other Western States—Alaska, Arizona, California, Hawaii, Idaho, Montana, Nevada, New Mexico, Oregon, Utah and Wyoming.
The West Regional meet—one of four Foot Locker competitions held across the country—represents the finale of the cross-country season. Strong contingents from Spokane area high schools will participate, led by Justin Hofstee of Lewis & Clark and Becca Noble of Rogers.
For the twelfth straight year, over 30 Spokane-area runners had their airline tickets to the meet donated by the Lilac Bloomsday Association. The Bloomsday Association provides airline tickets and ground transportation based on the fastest finish times at regional cross-country meets held at the end of October.
"Making it possible for top Spokane-area high school runners to compete in Southern California is an important part of Bloomsday’s mission," said Lilac Bloomsday Association President Al Odenthal. "The hard work that helped these young athletes succeed is an inspiration to runners of all ages."
The top eight boys and girls in the West Regional Meet will advance to the Foot Locker Cross Country Nationals in San Diego on December 11, joining top qualifiers from the Northeast, South and Midwest. The meet is considered to be the national championship for high school cross-country runners.
More information on the Foot Locker Regionals and Nationals may be obtained from the Foot Locker Cross Country Championships headquarters in New York, 212-720-4435, or by logging on to www.footlockerwest.com.
Runners sponsored by the Lilac Bloomsday Association:
1. Becca Noble, Rogers
2. Jo E. Mayer, East Valley
3. Whitney Porter, Lewis & Clark
4. Shiloh Deitz, Mt. Spokane
5. Jill Keller, Mt. Spokane
6. Steph Whittaker, North Central
7. Jessica Klier, Mt. Spokane
8. Leslie Berkseth, University
9. Cami Nelson, Shadle Park
10. Chelsea Momany, Lewis & Clark
11. Mary Graesser, North Central
12. Leigh Fredrickson, Lewis & Clark
13. Karen Owens, University
14. Cordelia Revells, St. George’s
15. Becky Mackelprang, Ferris
16. Katie Compogno, Mead
1. Justin Hofstee, Lewis & Clark
2. Michael Skansgaard, Gonzaga Prep
3. Mark Moeller, Shadle Park
4. Luke Graesser, North Central
5. Ryan Zentz, Lewis & Clark
6. Ryan Gustafson, Rogers
7. Mike Hartanov, Mt. Spokane
8. Isaac Harmson, Lewis & Clark
9. Andrew Scott, North Central
10. Jake Sanders, North Central
11. Keith Holt, East Valley
12. Tylor Thatcher, East Valley
13. Peter Miller, Shadle Park
14. Sean Coyle, Central Valley
15. Kenny Nuehs, Shadle Park
16. Brian Christensen, Lewis & Clark
# # #