Corporate Cup is a competition within Bloomsday in which organizations consisting of five team members compete amongst others of similar size. The Corporate Cup is a great way to encourage fitness and healthy lifestyles among employees while enjoying Bloomsday!
Team captains: Be sure to share the 2018 Team Captain Letter with your team members (when it arrives this spring).
Registration will begin at 9:00 a.m. on Monday, February 26, 2018. All team registrations will be handled online for Bloomsday Corporate Cup. Registration will end when all available spots are taken. Enter early!
Information needed to register your team:
- Your team name -- be creative!
- All required information for your team members (see below)
- Number of guest tickets for the post-race party (for clients, family, or friends)
- Number of employees in your organization
- Payment information for the $500 entry fee (requires debit or credit card; checks are no longer accepted)
- The entry fee is $500.00 per team which includes the $20 per person Bloomsday entry fee.
- Each team is limited to five members, with a minimum of three in order for the team to score.
- Employees of corporations, partnerships, proprietorships and governmental units may enter; one company may have as many teams as it desires.
- Each team member must be 18 years or older and be employed by the company for at least 30 hours per week (subject to verification).
- Elite seeded runners are not eligible to compete on a Corporate Cup team
- Changes (additions, substitutions, etc.) may be made to the team at no charge through Friday, March 23, 2018. After March 23, changes or substitutions may be made for $25.00 by contacting Sarah Ranson, or at Corporate Cup registration on Bloomsday weekend.
- The field is limited to 325 teams.
- One Team Member must be designated as the Team Captain; this is the person who begins the registration process. Team Captains may register their team members if they have all required information (name, address, email, phone, date of birth, age, number of Bloomsdays run, T-shirt size, and Corporate Cup tech shirt size). Otherwise, Team Captains must have email addresses for team members in order to send email invitations instructing them to register online for the team. Team Captains are responsible for ensuring each team member is registered on time.
- When registering, please have your debit or credit card handy. Payment by check is no longer an option.
The Corporate Cup consists of nine divisions based on the number of employees, so that teams compete against entities of similar size. There is also a women's division. If all the members of your team are women, you may enter the women's section. There is also a Retired Division for those teams consisting entirely of retired individuals.
1,300 or more employees
Beginning in 2013 we use the time of the top Corporate Cup finisher in each age bracket as the standard to score other Corporate Cup participants (not the time of the top age bracket winner in Bloomsday overall).
As in the past, the scoring system enables all ages, both male and female, to compete on the same basis. Bloomsday will record each runner's placing in the following age brackets:
The Corporate Cup competition is scored by dividing each Corporate Cup runner's time by the time of the top Corporate Cup participant in his or her age bracket. For example, if the top Corporate Cup finisher in the age bracket had a time of 50 minutes, and your runner had a time of 60 minutes, your runner's score would be 833 points (50 divided by 60 - .83333, or 833 points). The three highest scores on each team are added together to determine the team score. The highest team score wins.
As noted above, for 2018 only the times of top Corporate Cup finishers in each bracket will be used for scoring purposes.
CORPORATE CUP WALKERS:
Please note: Bloomsday has discontinued the Corporate Cup Encore starting area that was in use for a number of years. If you or anyone on your team is planning to walk the course, please line up in the Blue or Lilac area. You can drop off your gear bag ahead of time at the Corporate Cup starting area, and retrieve it after the finish in the tent party area. Thank you!
Subscribe to receive Bloomsday Corporate Cup 2018 news & registration announcements!
For general information about Corporate Cup, contact Sarah Ranson.